Try Out Our Teamwork Skills Simulator
Many assessments of teamwork skills are difficult to use or lack validity… So, we are developing a better one!
Our design is based on the principle that the best way to assess teamwork skills is to evaluate how people actually behave in team-based situations.
We recreate common team dynamics through the use of chatbot AI and use a computer scoring algorithm to automatically analyze natural language responses. The resulting simulation tool is intuitive and simple to use. Yet, like most seemingly simple things, it reflects a complex design and sophisticated technology.
Here’s a snippet of the simulation where the team members are jointly figuring out the answer to the question: “What are the top 3 qualities of a great team member?” (Can you guess the real person in the group?)
The simulation takes approximately 40 min to complete and evaluates the following categories of teamwork skills:
- Team Building – Promotes team cohesion and effective team functioning
- Engaging Team Members – Encourages individual team members to provide input
- Problem Solving – Contributes to team’s problem-solving and other tasks
- Leading – Facilitates a positive team atmosphere that supports teamwork and boosts energy
- Communicating – Communicates in a polite, friendly and respectful manner
- Dealing with Frustration & Conflict – Maintains composure even when feeling disappointed or provoked by other team members; does not let personal frustrations adversely affect team dynamics
Try it for yourself (don’t worry, it’s free)! See if you’ve got the skills of a great team player (and don’t try to figure out whether your team members are real people or bots – they’re bots!)